Saturday, February 23, 2008

Haynes blasts Lindland's Team Quest

Judging from this piece on IFL.com Josh Haynes didn't think much of the "training" he was getting at Team Quest in Oregon:

“I came here (XtremeCouture) because I had to. My game really wasn’t advancing at Team Quest. I wasn’t making the forward progress that I needed to make, and my performances in the UFC were a representation of that. After my fight with Bisping and the way it went, some changes should have been made to my training program and they were not. As a result I continued to have poor performances.”


“Since I’ve been here my skills have improved tremendously and things have been much, much better for me. It’s just two totally different breeds. Team Quest has their pyramid. If you’re not at the top you don’t get the attention you need. It’s nothing personal; it’s just the way it works. I had some fantastic training partners out there, but I wasn’t getting what I needed. Out here in Vegas it’s a fighter mecca.


“I get a lot more focused attention here. We have a real team. We have some of the best fighters you’ll ever come across, guys who fight in every organization across the board. There’s just a real pool of talent to draw from. A lot of gyms just tell you to train harder, they don’t teach you to train smarter. Here at Xtreme Couture we train smart. We don’t just keep banging away everyday, doing the same things wrong.”

No comments: