Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kid Nate Takes His Rankings Seriously

Nate: hey Robert
me: hi nate
Nate: why being a dick about the rankings?
not even a link?
pretty lame dude
me: just saying how i feel..if that is being a dick so be it
Nate: i don't mind the argument
but some of the phrasing was deliberately insulting
and unecessary
unless you just wanted to piss me off
me: not looking to piss you off... you are the one guy over there that i actually think a lot of
Nate: then moderate your tone
"infinite wisdom"
here's my rebuttal http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/5/1/861259/mma-rankings-the-best-approach#15101208
Sent at 8:06 AM on Saturday
me: you guys are pretty free with the criticim of of all other mma sites... i didn't tfind the ifnintie wisdom line that cutting to be honest...
Nate: well just keep in mind that we can be pretty free with our criticism of you too dude
me: feel free... i told mike if the tail wagging the dog is your thing feel free
i don't go out of my way to bury folks
like with caplan... ican't stand the guy either but i don't go out of my way to use my site as a vehicle to bury him
Nate: caplan fucked evan tanner
and is a scumbag
and i wasn't a dick to him until he was a dick to me
you're not even comparable
plus shitting on you would just give you traffic
me: cage potatoe is the only site that sends any huge amount of traffic to our site....
Nate: well i guess you can just play nice with them and fuck everybody else
i wasn't the only one that thought your piece on the rankings was deliberately insulting
and i guess its your way of thanking me for helping you out early on
Sent at 8:12 AM on Saturday
me: if you are on the receiving end you will probably feel that way... i have problems with both wamma amd the sbn stuff.... i wasn't going to bury wamma and not elborate on SBN...
Nate: there's a big difference between unethical scumbags
and a problem with our methodology
me: what i put for sbn had more to do with pre-empting the arguments you have made for it in the past
Nate: you made an appeal to authority
which is a logical fallacy
just because you admit it doesn't make it go away
me: knew you would say that and addressed in the piece
Nate: no you just said that's what you were doing
you didn't debunk the critique
did you read my rebuttal?
there are two problems with your celebrity authority angle
1) time -- they don't have it
2) conflict of interest
Sent at 8:17 AM on Saturday
Nate: and i have no problem with your critique -- its just you going out of your way to be shitty in tone and not linking back
that's the kind of crap caplan did to set me off
Sent at 8:19 AM on Saturday
Nate: well have a nice life Robert
by the way, Payout used to be a good blog
but its just mediocre since you took over
at best
not that you're not talented but its not your niche
Swift was something special
me: you feel the wya you feel..that's fine by me
Nate: that's not a feeling its a thought
me: can't say i'm gonna lose sleep over it
Nate: clearly you don't give a shit about me or what i think
and if you can't see the difference between unethical scumbags like WAMMA
me: no as i said i think you are a decent person...and still do sespitw what you have said just now... my prob isn't with you ....i just don't put much stock in your product ie the rankings
Nate: and me
that's great
and there's a way to say that without being a dick
you'
re not even answering my points
i mean what makes bas rutten or mauro ranaldo's rankings better than kelvin hunts?
kelvin puts more work into his
and doesn't have any conflicts of interest
but if you want to be a dick with me
that's fine
we both know i'm a bigger dick than you are
and i've got a bigger megaphone
much bigger
and getting bigger by the day
me: nate ...i'm never gonna get rich or famous doing what i do on payout and i'm not looking to either.... i just write what i want to write...big megaphone or small...
Nate: so why are you shitting on someone who's always been helpful to you?
i don't care about your critique of the rankings
honest discussion is what i'm all about
but when you get insulting
and violate blog etiquette by not even linking back
that pisses me off
if you see no difference between what we're doing and what wamma is doing
me: there is a difference but neither are of particular value to me... don't take that as an insult...
that is the reality of how i view both
Nate: that's fine
but you have to acknoledge that ours is a good faith effort
and theirs is an attempt to profit off mma in a dishonest fashion
Sent at 8:32 AM on Saturday
me: . my post noted that they were released but used nothing at all ffrom either content wise... whether a link was called for is questionable if i had broke down a list of voters and such that would be another thing
Nate: well that's great Robert
i used to consider you a friend
but its nice to know that was a one way street
me: you guys routinely take huge chunks of my postings, basically negating the need for a click over and in the fan posts sometimes the entire post is in it but i don't quibble about it
Nate: you could've dropped a note
me: that is why you don't drive traffic... but like i said i could care less about traffic
Nate: we try to police the fan posts
not to swipe whole posts
you could've spoken up any time
links aren't optional
if you're going to cite someone's work
particularly in an insulting way
you link
that's the netiquette
and if you're beefing over some bullshit about us quoting too much of your work
me: i didn't cite any of your work
Nate: bullshit
you fucking dissed my rankings
the whole post was about my work
and wiping your ass with it
i don't know why i'm even talking to you robert
get cancer
me: thats not very nice
Nate: no its not
and neither is your shitting on BE out of jealousy
swift found you on BE
without us you don't even have the platform you've got
you know if you had a problem with the way we were quoting your stuff you could've dropped me a note
but nursing secret resentments and then stabbing me in the back is chickenshit robert
you'll notice i'm coming straight to you with my beef
me: rome has buried my stuff as well as a multitude of your posters... i don't repsond to it or particualrly care.. it doesn't stop what i do or what i wrtie
Nate: cause i'm a man
not a chickenshit
pussy
dig?
that's what you are Robert
me: i would hope you would do the same..if you believe in your rankings more powere to you and keep on with them
Nate: you're certainly not stopping us
got to go change a diaper
looking forward to your imminent death
me: and i don't care to either.... sergio is a sharp go and you guys have a big fan in him... i'm sure the usatoday thing will go to greater heights ..more power to you... i just don't place much stock in them
Nate: there's a difference between an honest critique
and a cheap shot
and you know it
and you know i helped you
and you stab me in the back
Sent at 8:44 AM on Saturday

2 comments:

Kid Nate said...

Ha!
I had that coming.
Guess I was wrong about my being a bigger dick than you are.

Kid Nate said...

Hey Robert, thought your readers would enjoy our previous correspondence.

--------------------------

Forwarded message -———-

From: Robert Joyner
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: thanks
To: Nate

appreciate the offer…. but already had something in the pipeline about it….

hope all is well with the elbow….

just remembered, …. how is the baby… a little boy right? i remember you posted pics back when he was born…..

later

Robert

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Nate wrote:

sure thing Robert.
If you want to do a guest post on BE about it, I’d be happy to front page it.
Nate

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Robert Joyner wrote:

hey nate….

wanted to drop a line to you and thank you for the comment on luke’s piece re: unite here. You’re a smart guy and realize what they say publicly can be totally opposite from what they say in private. it can also vary greatly from the truth.

the same deal with the cage fighter story. Dana went on tapout radio and said this had nothing to do with the wal-mart deal….. i got dave meltzer to check his sources with zuffa…and they came back and said everything in the story was accurate…. that cagefighter pulled a “scummy move” and aced them out and they banned them for it…..(i wonder who in control of zuffa would use a word like scummy?)

I spent a month researching that story and having Ratner dismiss out of hand is a bit upsetting. I exchanged e-mails with him the other week about the south carolina issue and gave him the link at that time and gave him every opportunity to comment on the story to me on or off the record….. he didn’t say anything. But he will trash it on a conference call with folks who didn’t spend the time digging up the story. He had folks on the line who didn’t know any better and wouldn’t challenge his version of events.

again thanks for the kind words.