Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nover Looks For Future With UFC

Dubbed a lightweight Anderson Silva and compared to GSP by UFC President Dana White, TUF fighter Phillipe Nover was upset in the final of the TUF Finale by Efrain Escudero. Despite the loss, Nover looks to soon sign a 2 fight deal with the UFC and returen to the Ocatogon by March, according to Newsday. Also during the time off, Filipino-American Nover will travel to the The Philippines in January to visit family as well as the large contingent of fans that he gained during his tenure on the show. Nover seems to be taking the loss well, using it as a learning experience:

"I think now after taking that loss, I'm a better fighter. I think I'm gonna come back stronger and come out more strategically," Nover said. "It just improved me as a fighter. My game plan will be a lot different now. I'm going to analyze opponents and improve my wrestling ability."

Nover has already spent time critiquing his loss to Escudero.

"I thought I overcommitted on my strikes. Unfortunately, I think I was too eager. The more he took me down, the more I wanted to hit him," Nover said. "I can't change what I did. He had a really good strategy."

No comments: